Welcome to The Recipe Exchange. A place for all of us to share our absolute favorite recipes. Each recipe comes into our lives a story, and it is these stories that make the meal come alive. With an emphasis on uncomplicated recipes for us busy people to share with our loved ones. Let the exchange begin!
To share a recipe please find me on Facebook,
Recipe Box


Sunday 29 January 2012

5 Minute Frozen Yogurt

If you haven't yet figured out, I have a serious sweet tooth.  I love desserts and yummy sweet foods.  I also love fresh herbs and all things aromatic.  Whilst I have a sweet tooth I am fairly health conscious and always trying to reduce my sugar and fat intake.  This frozen yogurt is so yummy and there are no nasties in there.  Great for the kids when they want ice cream, and it only takes a couple of minutes to wizz up.

In a food processor add;
500gm frozen berries or mangoes (you can try any fruit you like)
750gr natural yogurt
1 table spoon of honey (add to your taste)
couple of fine chopped mint leaves
optional you can add lime zest

Wizz for a minute or two, transfer to a plastic container and freeze for about half an hour.  (This can be served straight away however will be a little runny)
I like to sprinkle some honey over the top then stir it in just before I freeze the mixture, to lace it with honey.
Serve however you choose, with fresh fruit added or in cones for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment